How did you do in school?

Just curious about people who slipped through the net, so to speak.  How did you cope with school?  I developed quite good ways of hiding how much i struggled.  It helped that i was in most of the bottom sets, as no one really cared back then.  I was in the top set for biology, i excelled in that area.  Nothing else part from sport.  I hated going in every day,  i was like a zombie....i literally cant remember my last year in school.  Ive blanked it out completely. 

Parents
  • I got high marks in maths, chemistry, and physics. I got middling to poor marks in languages, english, history etc

I generally didn't enjoy school, found it to be an alien world.

Thoroughly uninteresting.

I never understood why I had to be there in the first place.

• i got bad marks in all my gcse's.
    like 50% of the grade is graded by coursework/homework and i didnt do any of that as i considered it to be a intrusion on our free time and a thing that shouldnt be allowed. in my opinion work should be done at school and stay at school and not come into our private home lives and make our personal space stressful, so i never did it. so i got bad grades because of that.

• i got bad marks in all my gcse's.
    like 50% of the grade is graded by coursework/homework and i didnt do any of that as i considered it to be a intrusion on our free time and a thing that shouldnt be allowed. in my opinion work should be done at school and stay at school and not come into our private home lives and make our personal space stressful, so i never did it. so i got bad grades because of that.

Children
  • Yeah it kind of felt like being trained to be a teacher and taking home marking with you or something never made any sense but I guess they wanted to see how you coped indepently with work rather than being in a class room with help

• Yeah, I never really understood homework...

I only ever put any effort into stuff I found easy or particularly interesting, which to be fair, wasn't much.

Most of the time I was trying not to fall asleep in class, either from boredom or the fact that I'd go to bed really late.