How and where did you meet your partner?

Hi all,

I'd like to hear the stories of how people met:

1. What do you love and admire about your partner?
  2. Where did you meet?
  3. What attracted you to them?
  4. Did they become your special interest?
  5. How long have you been together?
  6. How is the communication between you?

Thanks in advance.

H.

Parents
  • Absolutely nothing! 
    BBM.

the banter.

they did at first, but then I felt trapped and still do.

7yrs she says.

fake.  We call each other mum and dad,. Her head/heart belongs to her phone,  worst mistake of my life.

some people may see where I’m coming from when I say I’ve tried for help. But nobody wants to help. (Up coming post)

• some people may see where I’m coming from when I say I’ve tried for help. But nobody wants to help. (Up coming post)

I'll wait for your upcoming post.  That sounds very difficult indeed.  I hated feeling "single" in a relationship but I equally don't like being single despite my need for a lot of alone time.  I think it's about finding balance in everything and getting to know who you are and what would work for you in a relationship.  For me, the key is being able to talk about the difficulties and try to work through them but sometimes it's the case that no amount of trying is going to work and it has to end for everyones sanity.  I hope you're okay as it doesn't sound the best. :-(

• Communication and compromise are sometimes hard for me. I need more downtime than I get because my husband likes to go to London often as he used to work there before he retired but I often struggle with the public transport on the tube, and busy noisy areas and to his credit he will notice my distress and stimming and find a quiet spot for me to calm down. He has also bought me earplugs to mute sound.... but in truth I would prefer to be alone in my special room with my books and rest in silence... but I would feel too guilty to do that too often.

• Communication and compromise are sometimes hard for me. I need more downtime than I get because my husband likes to go to London often as he used to work there before he retired but I often struggle with the public transport on the tube, and busy noisy areas and to his credit he will notice my distress and stimming and find a quiet spot for me to calm down. He has also bought me earplugs to mute sound.... but in truth I would prefer to be alone in my special room with my books and rest in silence... but I would feel too guilty to do that too often.

Children
  • Communication and compromise are sometimes hard for me.
    but in truth I would prefer to be alone in my special room with my books and rest in silence...

Hi there,

It seems you communicate well on here but perhaps you are in a "safe" zone and that's the reason why.  I think communication for me about my struggles is hard for me too because I have realised that not everyone else has these struggles.  I have mentioned to people if they experience the world the way I do in sensory terms and they say no.  This to me is a revelation because I had no idea people were different from me in that respect.  Your husband seems very attuned to your needs and you do communicate with him through your stimming which he then acts on.  I understand what you mean about preferring to be in your "special room" with your books.  I'm sure if you built this into your routine to help after a sensory filled day that your husband would understand.  Have you spoken with him about how you feel in this respect?  You may find he too would like to do his stuff when you are decompressing in your room?  

It's wonderful that you have a partner and that you also have a chill room.  All positive me thinks.

H.