Different jokes for different folks

Hi all,

Seems I'm on a roll with posting stuff!! Does anyone else find jokes like - What do you get if you cross a kangaroo with a sheep? - completely unfunny and pointless?  I find slap stick or people getting frights or bodily functions hilarious but jokes that have punch lines lead me to - Yeah I get it but it's not funny.  My Mum takes the pi** when she laughs at these kinds of jokes and I'm straight faced because she thinks I don't get it when in actual fact I do.  It's simply not funny to me.  Yet I can watch continual youtube videos of POOTERS and be in tears with laughter....

Thoughts?

H :-)

Parents
  • It's a standing joke with my mates that I don't get jokes. (Oh the irony). Like you I can often get the punch line, but I've no idea why it's considered funny.

Can't abide slap stick though. It irritates me. 

Goodness, that makes me sound rather humourless, doesn't it? I do enjoy political and observational humour. I like humour embedded within a narrative structure often making a serious point, which is diffused by humour.

• It's a standing joke with my mates that I don't get jokes. (Oh the irony). Like you I can often get the punch line, but I've no idea why it's considered funny.

Can't abide slap stick though. It irritates me. 

Goodness, that makes me sound rather humourless, doesn't it? I do enjoy political and observational humour. I like humour embedded within a narrative structure often making a serious point, which is diffused by humour.

Children