Different jokes for different folks

Hi all,

Seems I'm on a roll with posting stuff!! Does anyone else find jokes like - What do you get if you cross a kangaroo with a sheep? - completely unfunny and pointless?  I find slap stick or people getting frights or bodily functions hilarious but jokes that have punch lines lead me to - Yeah I get it but it's not funny.  My Mum takes the pi** when she laughs at these kinds of jokes and I'm straight faced because she thinks I don't get it when in actual fact I do.  It's simply not funny to me.  Yet I can watch continual youtube videos of POOTERS and be in tears with laughter....

Thoughts?

H :-)

Parents
  • As you know jokes and comedy is subjective. And not finding dull jokes funny isn't an ASD thing.  Most people find farting noises funny. Christmas cracker jokes are not funny in the slightest. 

I find very dark humour hilarious, spoonersims, and ridiculous play on words funny. I'm into The League of Gentlemen, Inside No. 9, Toast of London, Stewart Lee, Vic & Bob types of shows very funny. That's my kind of humour. 

My sister laughs at that Ladbaby thingy about sausage rolls, and I cringe! 

So yip, jokes, humour etc is subjective. 

• Vic and Bob are incredibly funny.  I think Words against Humanity is very wrong which's why it's so funny as you shouldn't be laughing. :-)

Reply Children
No Data