Apologising for behaviour?

Hi,

I’ve had a bad day and I’ve behaved appallingly today towards other people who were frustrating me to the point of meltdown. I’m in my 50’s and it’s embarrassing. 
A thought occurred to me, do we need to apologise for our behaviour? It’s kinda like apologising for having a disability, which seems wrong. 

Parents
  • Thank you. I’ve sent a nice informative email without apologising, which feels odd. I’ve always apologised in the past as I didn’t know it’s something I can’t help. And to be fair….my family have said they’d have kicked off under similar circumstances and were really supportive. It is confusing though this ASD journey. Until recently I’d just assumed poor parenting was to blame for the way I am and blamed myself. 

• Thank you. I’ve sent a nice informative email without apologising, which feels odd. I’ve always apologised in the past as I didn’t know it’s something I can’t help. And to be fair….my family have said they’d have kicked off under similar circumstances and were really supportive. It is confusing though this ASD journey. Until recently I’d just assumed poor parenting was to blame for the way I am and blamed myself. 

Children
No Data