Buying gifts for neurotypical people challenging?

Anyone else find buying gifts demands almost too much social imagination in order to be accomplished satisfactorily? 

Parents
  • The worst thing of all is Secret Santa! Oh my goodness, thats a nightmare. I never know what to get anyone. Its like some people do joke presents but I never know what is an appropriate joke gift and I dont want to offend anyone so I dont do that. I end up buying a really boring sensible present while everyone else gets something fun or unique to them. Last year I got my manager and just ended up buying her a tub of chocolates which she immediately shared out with everyone else and she looked really disappointed cos everyone else got fun presents. 

• The worst thing of all is Secret Santa! Oh my goodness, thats a nightmare. I never know what to get anyone. Its like some people do joke presents but I never know what is an appropriate joke gift and I dont want to offend anyone so I dont do that. I end up buying a really boring sensible present while everyone else gets something fun or unique to them. Last year I got my manager and just ended up buying her a tub of chocolates which she immediately shared out with everyone else and she looked really disappointed cos everyone else got fun presents. 

Children
No Data