Just been diognosed heard all negitive not positive

Hi I am pop and I had my.offical dionosis come though yesterday but it was all the negatives and it made me really down. I was wondering is anyone new the benefits to being autistic or is it just all bad?

Parents
  • Hmm I have just said hello and asked whether it is worth getting a formal diagnosis.  This kind of implies it doesn't add anything. 

However all I have read so far about autism is largely positive as long as you deal with it in the right way.

• most of us impose sort of block on oneself that is preventing full development, we feel like imposters until both self-diagnosis and official diagnosis happen, at least grown ups, I don't know how it is for kids, with loving parents that helped them to get diagnosed and get familiar with being autistic.

• most of us impose sort of block on oneself that is preventing full development, we feel like imposters until both self-diagnosis and official diagnosis happen, at least grown ups, I don't know how it is for kids, with loving parents that helped them to get diagnosed and get familiar with being autistic.

Children
No Data