Headphones

I feel disoriented when using headphones, but like to listen to music so still listen with them on and because of having kids it helps me drown them out(the noise). Does anyone struggle using headphones?. Could it be a autism thing or is it me being even more weird lol.

• I have a cheap version which are good except if out walking as traffic noise drowns them out but like I say they were a cheap version so I might splash out on the aftershokz.

• This isn't overly-related to your post, but I recently bought some over-ear wireless headphones after having regularly sore and itchy ears and realising it was down to my Apple AirPods.  (Very disappointing as I loved using them!)

My new headphones weren't particularly comfortable, and I haven't been able to wear them for long amounts of time..

Until yesterday when I accidentally put them on the wrong way round and they were SO comfy!

So now I just need to get used to having the controls on my left ear, while I wonder whether the factory actually put their L/R markings on the wrong side.  Laughing

• I find aftershokz bone conducting headphones nice. They are comfortable and it feels like there is a voice in your head, but you can still hear the outside world. This stops me from getting disorientated, but also allows me to hear a constant and calming sound from the aftershokz e.g. an audiobook, some music, a podcast. They are quite expensive but really worth it.

• Hey!

Sometimes I find headphones un-comfy, after wearing them for a long time.I much prefer wireless earphones. I personally use Apple AirPods Pro. I don't feel disorientated as such, but I can understand how this could happen. I find it easier to make sense of my surroundings when I have headphones in. For instance, at a train station, it can be very busy, but by having music on, I can cope in the environment. Maybe listen to music without headphones, so let the music play from your phone, iPad etc - I know this cannot be done when in public, as easily. But hopefully this'll help.

Good luckGrinning