Problems with work / Advice about Universal Credit and PIP

Hello,

I know I have posted about work problems on here before but I need some advice after today.

So today I had a complete breakdown about going to work. It has been bad for a while but today was the worst. I ended up curled up on the bathroom floor crying and screaming for about 20 minutes. Once I finally got in the car (my wife was driving) I was shaking uncontrollably and babbling hysterically, saying the same sentances over and over again really fast. I was scratching my hair and hitting my head with my hand. 

We had to give up and turn home.

First of all I wanted to ask if anyone else has had experiences like this about going to work?

Secondly, if I leave my job because of mental health problems and autism will it affect Universal Credit? We currently have a claim as my wife only works part time, not sure if we would get more or less if I was out of work with stress

Thirdly, how does PIP payments work? A friend of my wifes told me about it today, not sure if I would be eligable but my anxiety is so bad I am at the point where I pyshically cannot go to work

(Bear in mind I am still waiting for my official autism diagnosis. I have been on the waiting list for that since September, not long I know)

Any help with any of this I would be really grateful for 

Parents
  • Hi guys,

Thank you all so much for your advice and support. I have been signed off work for 3 weeks by my doctor which has given me some breathing space. I have spoken to the UC people and they have said that I shouldnt be sanctioned if I cant return to work provided I can get my doctors fit note renewed. They also mentioned a capibility to work assessment which I need to look into.

Thank you for all your support, the advice has been really helpful. Anything else anyone knows about this stuff would really be appreciated too

• That's good news. :-) 

The capability assessment is what I was talking about so just be warned you don't get extra payments for 3 months and the application process takes a few weeks too but they backdate it to your first sicknote so put that into the UC system as soon as you can.  Also, make sure that the work coach refers you to the limited capacity to work scheme. Mine forgot and it added on an extra month for me.you should get a notice on your journal with a letter saying that you have been referred. If it is not there then write you work coach a note on the journal. 

This is the first time I have used the UC system so I know how stressful it is.  But do these 2 things and then try and recooperate and work on yourself as that will take a few weeks. 

• Thanks for that thats really helpful 

Reply Children
No Data