Random question but why do middle class people pretend to be working class when there not

I know a few and it's really annoys me for some reason no idea why it greats on me either being from a middle class back ground myself but unedcuated so have to do a working class job when I do get back into one. Think id discribe myself as mudle class. I say be proud of your class and hertige why hide it out of fear or embrasment no matter what class you are and those who denigh there even is a class system are usually the ones who hate people for there class.

Parents
  • Yeah I find it irritating when people who are quite privileged will say "I went to a *** state school" to try to seem like they are "one of the people" or something. Politicians e.g. Boris Johnson like to pretend they are less privileged than they are too, in order to get more votes from the working class. 

I would say I'm from the middle class but I don't really care what class other people come from. I have friends from more privileged backgrounds and less privileged backgrounds than myself. It's your intelligence and how you use it that counts.

• True that I'm kind of the same but like wise yeah it still grates on me. Tbf ironically I did go to a *** state school when I was at 2ndry school. But started out at a Private school. So I'm about as middle class as you can get even though I don't dress it but I do still like my tweed and make effort to dress well on shoot day etc. I don't regret being from a peivalged note do I resent I own it I guess and won't apologise it for it either. My parents worked hard and did well them for them selves even though they didn't start off as privileged.

• True that I'm kind of the same but like wise yeah it still grates on me. Tbf ironically I did go to a *** state school when I was at 2ndry school. But started out at a Private school. So I'm about as middle class as you can get even though I don't dress it but I do still like my tweed and make effort to dress well on shoot day etc. I don't regret being from a peivalged note do I resent I own it I guess and won't apologise it for it either. My parents worked hard and did well them for them selves even though they didn't start off as privileged.

Children
  • Yeah I don't think it is anything to apologise for. A lot of life is just about luck unfortunately. Even being poor in the UK is a million times better than being poor in other countries but it is just chance that we were born here. It isn't your fault that you got lucky and was born to wealthier parents.