BASS waiting list times BATH/BRISTOL

It may not seem like a long time but I was referred to BASS for an ASD diagnosis in mid February of this year and got the processing paperwork and screening questionnaire in mid march. Its now been almost 8 months and I have heard nothing in regards to my first appointment. Anyone have any experience with the service and can tell me how long they waited?

Parents
  • Hi, I was with BASS. I got referred in December 2020, a triage appointment in July 2021, and am still waiting for my next appointment. I have been told to call back in April if they haven't contacted me.

It is worth mentioning, when they contacted me about the first appointment, it was a random phone call out of the blue from a withheld number in which they arranged my appointment for a weeks time. It was very very short notice. I was not prepared and it made me very stressed. So be somewhat prepared for that in case that is your experience too.

I do however have a friend who was with them who 'fell off' their waiting list and it wasn't until she contacted them after 2 years that they sorted out her second appointment. 

They have a very long waiting list, in part because they stopped all appointments and referrals through a lot of 2020, but I think you should give them a ring to get an idea of how long it will be, and to check they still have you on their register and that they have received your forms. 

• Hi, I was with BASS. I got referred in December 2020, a triage appointment in July 2021, and am still waiting for my next appointment. I have been told to call back in April if they haven't contacted me.

It is worth mentioning, when they contacted me about the first appointment, it was a random phone call out of the blue from a withheld number in which they arranged my appointment for a weeks time. It was very very short notice. I was not prepared and it made me very stressed. So be somewhat prepared for that in case that is your experience too.

I do however have a friend who was with them who 'fell off' their waiting list and it wasn't until she contacted them after 2 years that they sorted out her second appointment. 

They have a very long waiting list, in part because they stopped all appointments and referrals through a lot of 2020, but I think you should give them a ring to get an idea of how long it will be, and to check they still have you on their register and that they have received your forms. 

Children
  • I just got my triage appointment at it was the same, random call in the afternoon from a number with no caller ID, appointment in 5 days time which is quite stressful 

• Thank you! That’s really helpful information. I did try to call them in May but no one ever picked up my calls but I will try again. It’s funny how on their website they mention how waiting times are shorter now due to appointments being virtual.

I also appreciate the warning over the potential short notice appointments and its good to know they call from a withheld number as I often don’t answer calls unless the number is in my contacts.