Pacing as a stim?

I do this in my house. Pacing from kitchen to living room, my wife is thinking of putting me in a looney bin, she understands a little why I do it. I do it to soothe me from anxiety and it is a bit ocd for me as I have to reach a certain amount of steps, which then becomes a little annoying. I suppose it keeps me fit. And also in my back garden I do it.

Parents
  • Yes, Gaza. I do this a lot when I find myself forced to wait for something to happen or I'm made to wait to be able to do something. It can be very soothing especially when combined with visual stimming, such as counting objects around me, or staring at them in a certain sequence. Occasionally, repetitive blinking and/or covering and uncovering my eyes works too. 

• Yes, Gaza. I do this a lot when I find myself forced to wait for something to happen or I'm made to wait to be able to do something. It can be very soothing especially when combined with visual stimming, such as counting objects around me, or staring at them in a certain sequence. Occasionally, repetitive blinking and/or covering and uncovering my eyes works too. 

Children