Those of you who work...

I'm interested to know how many of the working autistic population (on here at least) work full time. I changed to working part time 4 years ago, pre-diagnosis, because I kept burning out (normal in the job I was doing so didn't attribute it to autism until I was diagnosed and looked back). Now I'm looking at my career prospects post-diagnosis as in many ways I feel more confident in myself since I know I'm not just "lacking resilience" (anyone else had that thrown at them?). 

I just don't know if considering working full time again is truly realistic. Interested to know what other people's experiences are. 

Parents
  • Hi I started my current job 5 years ago soon got to much for me so after an augment with my manager I work 4 day a week, I drive a hgv so still lost of hours but will do extra shift when i can. the job means i am by my self most of the time which helps. self care is important will have a sleep most day on my brake and will space my holidays out so i can have time off every 2 to 3 months. All so no the first day off i am pretty beat so i do very little but rest. There are work rounds good luck.

• good job, you can manage the time the way you like and to suit your routines, I miss days when I was working alone

Reply Children
No Data