Dreading going back to flat on Monday after weekend with parents. Need help

I have a real problem with noise at my flat. Before now, noise was not a massive issue, although I have always been fairly sensitive. But the noise is now relentless, particularly because it occurs at NIGHT TIME when I am trying to sleep!!!!!!!. Car noise is constant, and makes me startle and awaken at the smallest sound of an engine. The neighbour plays music that is too loud, and has night-time arguments. Meanwhile, my parents house is peaceful at night - no noise at all. I feel as though I have made a mistake in moving out, because of the noise, but can't tell my parents this because they would be devastated, and would tell me that there is no going back. I could not bear the stress of  telling them how I feel. I spend weekends with them, and last night I fell asleep only a few minutes after hitting the pillow, which is rare for me. This shows how tired I must have been. I still feel tired, and have just one more night with them before another sleepless week. I am already anxious, and worry that the long term effects of noise will wreck my health. Why should I have to put up with it???. I hate this noisy world sometimes. I wish the flat was as quiet as home, my home, my parents house, that will always be my true refuge -ie a proper house, not some noisy flat/apartment. I feel angry, upset and homesick.

What is more, this is all my fault because I instigated the move in the name of independence. I know I would have to probably move out sooner or later, but my parents home will always be home for me. I just want to move back, but know that I can't. I did not expect constant noise when before now night time was dead quiet!.

Parents
  • Have you tried a radio for instance? or ear plugs.

I'm not keen on suggesting medication such as sleeping tablets, but you could try self hypnosis as a safe way to relax you.

it can be as simple as getting comfortable with closed eyes, regular breathing and imagining say a deserted beach and focusing on regular breaking of waves or clouds in a sky.

the idea is to put aside the hectic day and focus on some me time and clear your mind of distractions.

• Have you tried a radio for instance? or ear plugs.

I'm not keen on suggesting medication such as sleeping tablets, but you could try self hypnosis as a safe way to relax you.

it can be as simple as getting comfortable with closed eyes, regular breathing and imagining say a deserted beach and focusing on regular breaking of waves or clouds in a sky.

the idea is to put aside the hectic day and focus on some me time and clear your mind of distractions.

Children
No Data