Does anyone have experience with Hiki Autistic Dating App?

Morning, morning. I stumbled upon a dating app (swipe left etc. until you find someone you're a match with). It's designed for autistic people allegedly. It's called Hiki. Does anyone have any experience of using the app? Can autistic people even have successful relationships!? I'm sceptical, because I'm useless at them. When I joined I immediately thought it was a mistake and as I reply to messages, I can't help but think it's a fool's errand. I'd love to think that there were some success stories... (even for an undatable like me).

Parents
  • As far as I know it suffers from the same issue every small dating app suffers from, a lack of users. There are really 2 ways to build up location based user to user interaction apps. Either you you blitz the world with a huge global marketing campaign or you lock it into one geographical zone and do a localised marketing campaign.

the mistake a lot of these apps make is they cast their marketing net way too wide for the initial launch compared to the funds they have. It’s far better to blitz a city or a few cities with heavy marketing than cover a whole country with poor marketing. You need to get a lot of users in one place to get apps like this going.

then each time you open the app up to a new area you blitz the area with a huge marketing campaign to get over that initial hurdle of getting enough people on the app in a given area to make the app with using.

otherwise people form a negative view of the app as being empty of users (as so many are) and are less likely to go back to it later to check if it’s filled out in their area.

hopefully at some stage viral marketing takes over and lots of cities start demanding to be added to the app. But initially at least you need to go city by city.

• Hi Peter, it does throw up matches from Argentina and North America, which I thought was a little useless, but  my location properly and with a realistic catchment area, there is no one around!

• Someone my mum works with in the UK just started a relationship with someone from America. They spoke for a while online and he moved here so it's not impossible.

Reply Children