job interview

hi,

I have a job interview on Tuesday for a weekend library assistant in my local library. I don't know what to expect and everything I am reading is making my anxiety worse. is it true that I have to do general chit-chat at the beginning? I don't want to be unprepared, as questions that I am not expecting cause me anxiety. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Parents
  • The only time I think I’ve engaged in chit chat during an interview is when my colleague went to photocopy the candidate’s ID and I was chatting with him about the fact we both wear hearing aids. I don’t every think I’ve had an interview or interviewed anyone where chit chat has been a requirement. We’re given so little time in the NHS that we just get down to the questions! I can see though that some places may use it as a kind of ice breaker to make the candidate more comfortable before starting questions though, especially if it’s a place that is quite informal. It’ll probably be things like how are you, got any plans for the rest of the day sort of questions. Have you disclosed your autism on the application?

• so i shouldn't worry about the chit chat then? no, i didn't disclose my autism.

Reply Children
No Data