Being "difficult" at work?

I'm generally pretty decent at my job wherever I work, but there is an aspect of work that always causes me issues.

I pick up on details that people often miss or choose to ignore, in particular when policies are not being followed, which in my job can put people at risk.

When I communicate this to management I am seen as being, "difficult," "abrupt," or "rude," but no-one can ever seem to tell me what I said that was actually rude, as opposed to being not what they wanted to hear, as it causes problems for them to have to solve.

This has been something I have faced for some while in a variety of workplaces.

I wish I could just ignore what I notice, but I literally feel compelled to identify issues once I see them, especially as they could endanger people.

Parents
  • GET OUT OF THAT WORK PLACE !!!

I have been in similar workplace and they had crippled me, I have been poisoned deliberately with livestock medication in three different livestock farms that have put seriously close to hospitalisation. I have witnessed someone being crushed by to death by machinery while someone operating that machinery was under the influence and I have even witnessed kitchen workers in famous pub chain put dog faeces or seamen in peoples food. 

Just get out, it only get worse & if you report anything or see something you shouldn't of had it makes you a target and they will force you out or worse it will phycological screw you up. most people tell you to get on with it and put your head down but that in many situation puts you in serious trouble.

[I don't want sympathy, I just don't want to see another person go through or experienced some of the messed up thing i have witnessed or tolerated]     

• Your experiences sound horrific. Unfortunately, some people are just terrible.

I'm still waiting for things to be "investigated" at my workplace. I'm 50/50 on going back to work there at all, even if investigations vindicate what I have done and said.

I just don't understand people at times.

• You do realise that you've put a target on your back. they will try and get manage you out. you might want to start looking for other employment especially if you have no one outside your company supporting you through the investigation. You might want to join a union or get access to work, autism ambassador involved.   

• You do realise that you've put a target on your back. they will try and get manage you out. you might want to start looking for other employment especially if you have no one outside your company supporting you through the investigation. You might want to join a union or get access to work, autism ambassador involved.   

Children
No Data