Cried through into church service

Went back to church for the first time since last March this morning. I managed to get as far as the entrance hall where I proceeded to cry through the entire service, went into complete meltdown mode.

3 people tried to talk to me but I was completely non verbal, so much so that I couldn't tell them to leave me alone. As soon as it finished I left,  didn't say a single word. 

So embarrassing. 

Parents
  • Hi Magnolia,

Its lovely to hear a post from a fellow Christian. I totally understand about the mask issue, thankfully my church doesnt insist on them but I can imagine it must be very difficult to go to one that does. 

If you dont mind me asking was there anything else that triggered you? I had some very bad experiences at church with people not being very nice to me and it took me years to be able to go back. even now I get quite nervous

I think we are all figuring out our faith as we go and God understands that so please dont feel bad. Being a Christian is the easiest thing in the world, its people who complicate it and make it so hard for us

If you ever want to talk let me know 

• Hi Magnolia,

Its lovely to hear a post from a fellow Christian. I totally understand about the mask issue, thankfully my church doesnt insist on them but I can imagine it must be very difficult to go to one that does. 

If you dont mind me asking was there anything else that triggered you? I had some very bad experiences at church with people not being very nice to me and it took me years to be able to go back. even now I get quite nervous

I think we are all figuring out our faith as we go and God understands that so please dont feel bad. Being a Christian is the easiest thing in the world, its people who complicate it and make it so hard for us

If you ever want to talk let me know 

Children
No Data