Cried through into church service

Went back to church for the first time since last March this morning. I managed to get as far as the entrance hall where I proceeded to cry through the entire service, went into complete meltdown mode.

3 people tried to talk to me but I was completely non verbal, so much so that I couldn't tell them to leave me alone. As soon as it finished I left,  didn't say a single word. 

So embarrassing. 

Parents
  • Don't be embarrassed, the people ( congregation )  in the church will understand. The people trying to talk to you are just trying to help thats all.

Was there something which triggered this ?  like a memory from when you were younger perhaps.

I have cried in Churches but usually funerals and memorials

when the service are boardcast on radio 4 -- they bring back to when I was a kid attending Church --- can be very atmospheric with the stain glass windows etc

Please do not let this incident stop you attending church if that is what you want to do.

• Don't be embarrassed, the people ( congregation )  in the church will understand. The people trying to talk to you are just trying to help thats all.

Was there something which triggered this ?  like a memory from when you were younger perhaps.

I have cried in Churches but usually funerals and memorials

when the service are boardcast on radio 4 -- they bring back to when I was a kid attending Church --- can be very atmospheric with the stain glass windows etc

Please do not let this incident stop you attending church if that is what you want to do.

Children
  • Thank you for your kind words. 

I think it was a mixture of lots of different things topped by the mask issue which still bothers me as they are still requesting their use and I don't want to stand out in my lanyard.  So I will stand out by being the one sobbing in the foyer instead!