Coming to terms with realising you are probably autistic

Hi,

Sorry I've been posting on here such a lot recently.  I was just wondering if anyone can relate to this.

Did you find it hard to come to terms with, when you first realised you might be autistic?  I haven't yet been diagnosed, but I'm becoming more and more sure that I am autistic, the more I find out about autism and recognise the signs in myself.

I'm finding that it's very hard for me to concentrate on work at the moment, and I'm just feeling upset, tense and unsettled.  Also really anxious.

I don't know if this is normal or if anyone else experienced this when you were at a similar stage?

I don't know if I should try to fight it and carry on as normal, or give myself a bit of slack and try to rest a bit more when I can.

Parents
  • I was diagnosed in 2018 and shocked to learn that I have ASD.  I still can’t accept it despite it making sense of certain things. I felt ‘bullied’ by the panel who made the diagnosis.  I wonder did they err in their judgment? 

• I was diagnosed in 2018 and shocked to learn that I have ASD.  I still can’t accept it despite it making sense of certain things. I felt ‘bullied’ by the panel who made the diagnosis.  I wonder did they err in their judgment? 

Children