anyone else get this when they go out?

so today i went out, had to go to specsavers appointment, plus i was also switching a big wad of old 20s to new 20s.

anyways on way home group of 3 topless prettyboy lads walk past me and as they walk past close one of them jerks at me as if to feign a attack and shouts "BOOO" in my face... like total stranger for no reason.... anyone else get this type of crap when they go out? or is this just me that gets random strangers tryna intimidate me for no reason?

anyway, why the feck should a stranger even bother to interact with a random stranger they pass? especially in this way? what if i hit the guy, does he think of this? ofcourse hes probably confident as he had 2 mates with him and i was just me..... tbh if i wasnt carrying a sizable amount of money id have gladly tried to see if they could all live up to their image. as for image my brain always judges everyone as larger than me, but thinking on it perhaps they maybe larger in body but definately not in muscle tone. 1v1 with one of them would be interesting if i didnt have anything to lose on me, and perhaps if it wasnt so hot. 

i guess its just todays society and crappy upbringing of a entire generation of scum. 

anyway if anyone wants to know the town that has scum like this in, its wigan. if you want to avoid scum then avoid wigan. id guess all sizable towns are like this though? 
is it perhaps that we need to bring back smacking kids? ... smack them while they are kids so that they dont need to be smacked harder by a total stranger when they are a adult when they try intimidate that stranger?

Parents
  • That’s just typical “laddish” behaviour. I can’t stand these sorts of people. It’s one of the reasons I never really got pub culture. It’s just full of Freudian penis waving. I have learnt to just expect some nonsense like that when you see a group of lads and I just don’t react, because that’s what they want. The other thing these idiots like to do is beep there car horn just as they come along side you, or shout out some rubbish. It’s pathetic, but the best defence is to do nothing, they are basically under educated low rent bullies.

• they are lucky i am not the type to look at people when i pass. if i was looking at them more clearly and especially his face and saw their movement id have probably mistaken it for a active attack and hit him in defence as i was taught to look for these signs of attack and to hit them fast before they can land their first blow as a means of defence. they got very lucky that i dont look at them to spot it early enough to hit them first as taught. if they tried this *** on any of the guys that taught me, this lad would have been knocked out. very unwise to give away attack signal especially if they are not actually going to attack. they just justify a defensive reaction.

• this lad would have been knocked out.

And while you were punching one of them, the others would be pulling a knife  and we’d all be remembering what a good guy you were and how you used to contribute to the forum.

Really, really not worth it dude!

Reply Children
  • Last time I was beaten to the floor, I grabbed my opponents testicles and lifted myself back upright by them, whilst he decided to descend in the direction his knackers were being pulled.

I then turned my attention to his eyeballs now I was on top...

True story.

• theres logic behind it though. you either deal with your opponent... before they deal with you.

one example is how he teaches that as soon as you opponent goes to ground, dont wait for him to get up, dont help him up, dont be a good sport and dont go to ground with him.... just soccer ball kick him in the face and do not give him the chance to get up again, for if they get up then its likely he will get up more furious and you will be on the ground next and he will be ensuring you dont get up instead.

there is protection in ensuring the opponent cannot harm you before they harm you. and ofcourse most would say not to hit the opponent when they are down and be a good sport, but the good sport then gets beat up.... the teacher that teaches to hit them when they are down is the teacher that cares for your safety and doesnt want you to get hurt or take chances.

• Exactly, so please don't put yourself in that situation. I know we've had our moments on here but you're a good person with a lot to offer; please don't throw your life away because of idiots. Be the bigger person.

• If you've been taught to hit first if you think you're going to be attacked, you haven't had a very good teacher, I'm afraid. Most masters are very careful to instill, "defence NOT attack". That's just macho boasting, to be honest, and does nothing to further the good name of martial arts. 30+ years experience, 3 different disciplines (all full contract) though more years in Shaolin than Ju Jitsu or Muay Thai. Multiple black belts and countrywide teaching/workshops experience. A competent practitioner will block/restrain, not attack. That's the whole ethos of martial arts. 

• Just be careful out there!

• yeah i thought on what prison would be like for me many times, and i agree it would be aweful, like torture. which made me think, why is death sentence banned when the death sentence is much better than a long time in jail? .... id rather pick death sentence personally.

• doesnt matter, if someone jerks at you in attack and you see it before your brain can tell you its not a attack, then your automatic defence is to punch as thats how your body reacts well most flinch tbh but you learn to punch instead of flinch. and if a camera sees it then they will pick up on the lads jerk move that triggered your automatic defence response too. all you need is for there to be a sign that the guy is gonna attack you for defence to be valid. most places teach to look for these subtle signs of impending attack and to strike first, because whoever lands the first hit is usually the one that will win at the end in most occasions. so alot of places teach to see these signs and to be proactive in defence. as i said, if they tried this to anyone else who actually looks at them when they pass, theyd have been hit... by anyone else who actually looks at them as they pass if they tried this. as they gave away sign and signalled a attack, on signal of a attack is your automatic signal to defend whether you can win or not, as thats self protection, the signs say its on and your being attacked, whether you think you can win or not doesnt matter, all there is then is a need to protect yourself, and in that you need to react on sign of attack, and the best protection is to strike first and most directly and deal with the threat.

i guess me not looking at people leaves me open to being sucker punched by anyone. perhaps i will force myself to uncomfortably stare at everyone i pass from now on lol need to be able to read the physical signs to avoid sucker punch at least.

• What The Riddler said is one possibility of what could happen - another is that the police would most likely be involved and it would seriously backfire on you. You could even go to prison, which would be the most horrendous experience and then afterwards there's loads you can't do if you've got a criminal record, particularly if it's for violence. Wanting to hurt someone physically is understandable when you're very angry, but it really never is the answer for anyone involved.