Different textured clothing

Is anybody particularly sensitive to certain materials or will wear only some types of clothes?

Parents
  • Yes, my daughter is hypersensitive to her clothing. I was worried initially, but I then found out that it's actually pretty common for children with Autism to have difficulty processing this kind of sensory information. Anyway, if you think you or your child has clothing hypersensibility, I suggest always removing the tags, washing the clothing multiple times to soften them before wearing, and obviously taking note of fabric types that you see you/your child can tolerate. And, it comes without saying that you should use a chemical-free laundry detergent.

• Yes, my daughter is hypersensitive to her clothing. I was worried initially, but I then found out that it's actually pretty common for children with Autism to have difficulty processing this kind of sensory information. Anyway, if you think you or your child has clothing hypersensibility, I suggest always removing the tags, washing the clothing multiple times to soften them before wearing, and obviously taking note of fabric types that you see you/your child can tolerate. And, it comes without saying that you should use a chemical-free laundry detergent.

Children
No Data