Different textured clothing

Is anybody particularly sensitive to certain materials or will wear only some types of clothes?

Parents Reply
  • have you noticed any difference between cotton velvet silk velvet and polyester velvet? I really hate polyester but crushed polyester velvet would turn me into a monster, I get angry, and my brother is the same, but cotton is fine for me.

Children
  • Nick, I've not touched any kind of velvet in decades. As I say above...  it is easily avoided.

My hypersensitivity started in early childhood - way back in the 1950s. I would throw a tantrum if there was velvet anywhere near me; cushions, drapes, and oh dear oh dear..... paigeboy's trousers! - They used to try to dress me up in the stuff. I remember throwing a pair onto the floor and jumping up and down on them in my shoes whilst screaming and screaming (you had to do that sort of thing as a child  in those days because adults just didn't listen).

Later, sometime in the sixties or seventies, there was a fashion for velvet  loon pants. I ask you? Really, what was the matter with everyone? Velvet trousers for adults. The world had gone mad.

Ben