Does anyone else struggle to cook?

Does anyone struggle with cooking?

I’ve been trying to lose a bit of weight and thought that cooking fresh meals instead of having microwave/ready made meals would be better for me - but when it comes to cooking I really struggle to follow instructions and when I do and come to eat the food it’s not very nice.

For example, I was recently using one of those “Maggi cook in a bag” and it asks for 100ml of water for a meal that they say serves 4 but as it was just me eating the meal I would (after being told/snapped at by my mum) need to quarter it - i didn’t realise this and it has since meant having to cool more food.

The best way to describe it is that my brain likes to read and re-read the instructions but when it comes to doing them, I completely forget/don’t realise I’m doing it wrong - I do have dyslexia too so maybe it could be just that?

I’m still yet to be diagnosed but wondered if this was something other people experienced.

Parents
  • For me, it's a task I'm obligated to perform, and while it's not always unpleasant, it's not one that I naturally enjoy. If I can, I prefer to have other people cook for me (but that can work out expensive).  Usually, I am content to make easy, but very tasty stuff. 

Like this bacon and egg barm (delicious at any time of day). But the bacon has to be streaky and smoked, and the egg has to be yokey.

It's not hard to make and only takes about 20 minutes. In a pre-heated oven (5 minutes), grill or bake streaky bacon for about 20 minutes, turning it once. When cooked, transfer it to an already sliced brioche burger bun.

Fry an egg for 5-8 minutes over a low heat, and then add it to your bun. You can increase the heat as the egg cooks, but make sure it starts very low, otherwise you will break the yolk.

• For me, it's a task I'm obligated to perform, and while it's not always unpleasant, it's not one that I naturally enjoy. If I can, I prefer to have other people cook for me (but that can work out expensive).  Usually, I am content to make easy, but very tasty stuff. 

Like this bacon and egg barm (delicious at any time of day). But the bacon has to be streaky and smoked, and the egg has to be yokey.

It's not hard to make and only takes about 20 minutes. In a pre-heated oven (5 minutes), grill or bake streaky bacon for about 20 minutes, turning it once. When cooked, transfer it to an already sliced brioche burger bun.

Fry an egg for 5-8 minutes over a low heat, and then add it to your bun. You can increase the heat as the egg cooks, but make sure it starts very low, otherwise you will break the yolk.

Children
No Data