Anyone sensitive to noise?

I got a huge problem right now with a bike passing really close by to my bedroom back and forth which local government is enabling, and I think I'm getting some ptsd-like symptoms, except for 'post', it's more of a revolving door at this point, but like every time I hear the faintest similar noise in a movie e.g. I pause to see if it's external, and at my most extreme rarely I mistake my cats' purring for it too for an instant, due to the bass quality... I feel like I'm in Dante's Inferno, honestly, with the local government here practically forcing me to be subject to mental torture, even a death threat, which everyone simply brushes away... always hyperalert when it's happening and getting worse outside of it too... I try to keep this almost delusional hope alive of relocating, but sometimes the bleak reality seems to indicate that all hopeless and there is only one end to it (I just simply can't live like this forever... just can't...)

Parents
  • Noise is probably my Achilles' heel. I wear earplugs most of the time, and when I forget to put them in, I soon know about it. I'm hopeful of a referral to the Audiology Department soon for a pair of moulded earplugs. Do you not wear good earplugs (or noise cancelling headphones)? They do the trick for me, cutting out every unwanted sound.

• I find noise cancelling headphones worse than the noise, because of how uncomfortable they are. But maybe I just have a bad pair. I spent a lot on them though. Because of the ANC tech inside them they have to be heavy, and they hurt my ears and the top of my head. I can wear them for 30 minutes maximum usually. I also don't like the feeling of pressure or having my ears totally enclosed.

So it's a battle between which sense I want to have overwhelmed, touch or sound.

• I find noise cancelling headphones worse than the noise, because of how uncomfortable they are. But maybe I just have a bad pair. I spent a lot on them though. Because of the ANC tech inside them they have to be heavy, and they hurt my ears and the top of my head. I can wear them for 30 minutes maximum usually. I also don't like the feeling of pressure or having my ears totally enclosed.

So it's a battle between which sense I want to have overwhelmed, touch or sound.

Children
No Data