Asd long term

Good evening all, 

does anyone find they cope any differently with age? 

im finding coping with noise way worse in recent years, and thought back to being a child and can’t remember noise being a problem.

Is this anything you can relate to, or does it get easier? 

Parents
  • I am finding noise worse - I think it is mostly due to late diagnosis and now I am aware that the noise is thing that is stressing me out.

I bought some ear defenders for £10 - could look like very expensive noise cancelling bluetooth headphones at first glance - and I'm working on not really being bothered what on earth people think. (Working on it....)

• u made me rethink,,,,,,, i should have said i wear headphones way way more now,,,,, I dont care what they look like as long as they do the job.

• I think I have a kind of NT hangover where image consciousness and social vulnerability is the default position.

Having said that, I was visiting some friends last weekend and saw some (chainsaw) ear defenders on the table. I put them on and only after 15 minutes someone asked what it was about. I said 'the TV is too loud and you're all shouting over it - I can't stand it but I don't want to go to bed'... and all that was said was 'oh, ok then...'. I can't begin to tell you how much that meant to me.

• add earplugs with the chainsaw headphones  and u start to get silence

Reply Children
No Data