There is no future in loving an old man

I love a woman who is 26 years old; I am 61 years old.

I would give all I have to quench this fire that burns within my ***--- to douse the flame, even if I must sink into a sea of loneliness; to rip out whatever part of me that first kindled this hopeless and foolish conflagration; to end the gasps of pain with each grieving breath I take; to smother this unwelcome blaze that no torrent can reach.

My love of her grasped me like a mugger who took everything I had, leaving me naked and unsheltered in this wasteland of despair. This scorching love has left dust in my mouth, as my love for her must remain unspoken. This desire happened to me undesired, like a bolt of lightning setting my house on fire. The searing agony of being too old sends waves of pain down my arms and to my finger tips. I am the victim of Cupid, as most old fools are.

I long for the furnace of her kisses--- willing to be branded, claimed and marked. I ache to float upon the wind of her perfect voice, and never again feel the ground under my feet.

Oh, to be young! I would be in Stockholm now, begging her to share with me the light in her eyes, and to see requited love burn within her. For such a priceless gift I would risk everything and anything, even if she were to tell me "No."

• When it came to young women in my life, where I was too old for them, I did make their decisions for them. That includes the young woman I had a perfect day and evening with, that started this message thread. My autistic brain did not know why she was staring at me, therefore it was my duty to get up and leave.

• Rarely encounter above average intelligent women. Hmmmm, that's a bit hateful. This content/thread is ridiculous and seems very attention focused.  

• It depends how young you were when you married. For me, 10 years is a cut off point. Anything greater than ten years and you’re starting from a position of imbalance. If it's greater than 15 years, then there's definitely something unhealthy going on. It can seem like younger women are getting extra attention in the early days of a relationship with a much older man, which makes them blind to the warning signs of control or abusive. I have personal experience of a predatory relationship with someone much older, where the relationship didn't come from a clean place. Older men think they have got this much younger person who they can mould and direct. The vulnerability developmentally of younger men and women can mean that older predators can have more power over them, and that's the thing to watch out for.

• Camp as a row of tents.   But it's a classic and seemed very fitting.  Smiley

• I have 0 idea how the f people do it. I also find childbirthing-disgusting/traumatic.

We paid for a private Caesarian - so much more civilised - even get to choose the music - our daughter was born to 'Freedom' by George Michael Smiley

• Word. it sounds less like "ethics" and more like "mental models" that it's wrong. If this is indeed a serious thread, you're making the decision for her vs. her.

• Yeah, just be poly-jeeze. I am so happily 'kid-less.' I have 0 idea how the f people do it. I also find childbirthing-disgusting/traumatic.

• I married a man 13 years my senior. That was evil, was it?

Gosh, I have no idea. :-) It depends upon how young you were.

It is not the man, nor the marriage, that is evil when age difference is great: radically limiting a young woman's options is.

• Yes: people should marry / live with people of their own age. Anything else is evil

I married a man 13 years my senior. That was evil, was it?

• I would never waste a young girl's / woman's short time for romance, love, and exploration--

What if doing an old guy was one of her paths of exploration?   Smiley

• I was asked to be on Judge Judy

Do it - it'll be a weird experience - it's very stage-managed.  Smiley

• Why doesn't anyone ever talk about having two husbands?

Because it's so common - the classic 'baby mama' will usually have multiple babies from multiple blokes who will all be in and out of her life for the next 18 years - she's created a poly relationship.

• Thank you. My ethics were and are involved; I understand that many people will have different reasons for mating with someone considerably older or younger than they. The is no way in Hell I would have a 17-year-old anywhere near me if I were 38 years old, let alone someone 39 years younger than I.

I would never waste a young girl's / woman's short time for romance, love, and exploration--- all vitally necessary learning processes. No matter how much I burned inside with desire so overwhelming that my passion was like fire through my veins and made it difficult to breathe--- I would ignore her except for only necessary interactions.

Virtue is important to me, as well as what little self-respect I have retained from a brutal, injurious life. I will cut out my heart before I consider looking at a young woman with anything but old eyes.

• I was asked to be on Judge Judy. A guy in my apt hit my Honda Elite scooter & skipped town. I guess the small claims court gave her the case? Local govt giving my info to an entertainment company-COMFORTING! I didn't have my stuff together/evidence & I certainly didn't want my 15m of fame to be 'getting chewed out' by the Judester.

• Why doesn't anyone ever talk about having two husbands?! 

• BEst advice I got, and why I fell in love with some of the older men in my life--is they "listened" to me & made it seem sex was furthest from their mind. You mention any sexy-time & you run the risk of coming off creepy or only interested in her on a surface level-unfortunately.

• Disagree, but respectfully. Let's see, where do I start.

When I was 17, I moved in with my 38 yr old fiance=age difference of 21 years.

In 2012, I was 27 & lived with my serious boyfriend that was 66=age difference 39 years.

I'm not an egoist, but I've been told I'm good looking...in which, I reply "I'm aight." lol So, if you love someone & they are attracted to you, whether it's your looks/personality--then so be it! This is why I love movies in the 80's/90's....bc a man in his 50's+ would still be considered a sex symbol. We are too obsessed with young culture-it's bs. 

• I am working on a "booty call" with a friend of mine.I am thinking that will help. :-) I have looked at some of the on-line dating sites, and most of them are outright scams. I will not consider "love" again.

• I'm sorry you faced this problem. Sometimes we love people who can't be with us. And it is hard. I guess only time can help and heal you. Sometimes meeting another partner helps. Have you thought about looking for someone else? I can check dating sites for senior people like SeniorsToDate. This is a good place for people of your age. Even if you don't find love there, you'll make new friends and meet interesting people. It can help take your mind off sad thoughts.