# Autistic Burnout # collection. what is your experience ? plus some latest research - - - - - - by aidie

here is some research on autistic burnout

www.spectrumnews.org/.../

what are your experiences of an autistic burnout ?

what are the symptoms you experience before, during, and after your burnout ?

How long do they last ?

What do you think causes them in your case ?

Parents
  • A burn out for me happens when I've had a prolonged period of both physical and mental activity. I will continually hype myself up and then suddenly stop. It's like being in fast forward and then someone presses the pause button. The burn out itself is where I'm so drained mentally, emotionally and physically that I am unable to move, or very sluggish movement. It can look like depression,  but I'm not feeling depressed. A sudden depletion of batteries,  followed by a period of recharging. 

• A burn out for me happens when I've had a prolonged period of both physical and mental activity. I will continually hype myself up and then suddenly stop. It's like being in fast forward and then someone presses the pause button. The burn out itself is where I'm so drained mentally, emotionally and physically that I am unable to move, or very sluggish movement. It can look like depression,  but I'm not feeling depressed. A sudden depletion of batteries,  followed by a period of recharging. 

Children
  • you appear to have very classical autistm related burnouts.  thanks for adding to this collection.  it will be useful for others coming after you to be be able to identify what they are experiencing are autistic burnouts and not depression