Off work

Hi,

I had a meltdown in work three weeks ago and have been off work since. There had been some changes to my job and I just couldn't cope. My sick note runs out on Thursday. My doctor recommended that Ocuppational Health are involved. Work referred me to ATOS for 'telephone counselling'. When they contacted me they said it was most likely to be with someone who has no exprience of Aspergers and no specific knowledge about my actual job.They agreed with me that Occupational Health should be involved first. I have emailed my manager this.

I am really worried about going back to work. I don't want to go. I am just about keeping it together not going to work but everthing seems too much. I am just about keeping my depression at bay. I am anxious all the time. Home doesn't feel safe, I struggle with the noise from the neighbours still. Everything seems such a mess and I don't feel able to change things.

I have been keeping it all together for the past forty years but it just doesn't seem sustainable and I just can't manage. If itwasn't for my girlfriend I would be in an even worse position. I feel bad that I am being so useless and depending on her so much.

I don't feel in the best place to try and sort the problems at work out.

:-(

Parents
  • Hi Aspie Mum,

I am still off work. I have sent info and links to my manager but i don't think he reads them or sees it as hos concern. odd as he is the manager. I have also given him a copy of my diagnostic report (quite private) and I don't think he read that either. He just doesn't get it and maybe doesn't want to. As a 'hidden disability' they think 'he looks OK'. My Union is not very helpful as they don't seem to get it either. I think they would be more helpful if I was physically different so they could just see the 'condition'.

ATOS are my works Occupational Health...... My doctor keeps writting on the Sick notes that OH need to be involved but its just not happening....My manager arranged some 'councelling'......not sure he knew what for and when I spoke to them they aslo said OH needs invovment first.

The things is I just don't think I can do the job without the support of my employer. My confidence is zero and I don't think I could do any job :-(

My depression is not as bad...... Citalopram, not in work, avoiding all stess situations (social), my partner doing the things I can't...... Its not really sustainable though. I am keeping busy and running every morning and then doing a list of 'jobs', then try to wind down in the eve by making some electronic music and a dvd then bed.

Its a constant trying to maintain a level that rises just above 'depression'.

I start some NHS CBT on monday. Not so hopeful but gonna try hard. I think I would benefit more from some Asperger specific support though. It would be money better spent. It doesn't seem to exist though, so I have to have CBT for anxiety and depression which might be useful but it is a bit off the mark.

Good luck with your sons situation. Will post my progress and I would also like to hear how you get on too.

:-)

• Hi Aspie Mum,

I am still off work. I have sent info and links to my manager but i don't think he reads them or sees it as hos concern. odd as he is the manager. I have also given him a copy of my diagnostic report (quite private) and I don't think he read that either. He just doesn't get it and maybe doesn't want to. As a 'hidden disability' they think 'he looks OK'. My Union is not very helpful as they don't seem to get it either. I think they would be more helpful if I was physically different so they could just see the 'condition'.

ATOS are my works Occupational Health...... My doctor keeps writting on the Sick notes that OH need to be involved but its just not happening....My manager arranged some 'councelling'......not sure he knew what for and when I spoke to them they aslo said OH needs invovment first.

The things is I just don't think I can do the job without the support of my employer. My confidence is zero and I don't think I could do any job :-(

My depression is not as bad...... Citalopram, not in work, avoiding all stess situations (social), my partner doing the things I can't...... Its not really sustainable though. I am keeping busy and running every morning and then doing a list of 'jobs', then try to wind down in the eve by making some electronic music and a dvd then bed.

Its a constant trying to maintain a level that rises just above 'depression'.

I start some NHS CBT on monday. Not so hopeful but gonna try hard. I think I would benefit more from some Asperger specific support though. It would be money better spent. It doesn't seem to exist though, so I have to have CBT for anxiety and depression which might be useful but it is a bit off the mark.

Good luck with your sons situation. Will post my progress and I would also like to hear how you get on too.

:-)

Children
No Data