Off work

Hi,

I had a meltdown in work three weeks ago and have been off work since. There had been some changes to my job and I just couldn't cope. My sick note runs out on Thursday. My doctor recommended that Ocuppational Health are involved. Work referred me to ATOS for 'telephone counselling'. When they contacted me they said it was most likely to be with someone who has no exprience of Aspergers and no specific knowledge about my actual job.They agreed with me that Occupational Health should be involved first. I have emailed my manager this.

I am really worried about going back to work. I don't want to go. I am just about keeping it together not going to work but everthing seems too much. I am just about keeping my depression at bay. I am anxious all the time. Home doesn't feel safe, I struggle with the noise from the neighbours still. Everything seems such a mess and I don't feel able to change things.

I have been keeping it all together for the past forty years but it just doesn't seem sustainable and I just can't manage. If itwasn't for my girlfriend I would be in an even worse position. I feel bad that I am being so useless and depending on her so much.

I don't feel in the best place to try and sort the problems at work out.

:-(

Parents
  • Thanks all for your replies,

• @Mike NAS, yes I will maybe ring the helpline tomorrow.
    • @Hope, the noise is just a fammily next door who moved in a few months ago. Some of the noise may be 'reasonable' but as the walls are so thin it does require some consideration living here. I hate it and want to move. My partner has spoken to them (I did once but got a bit upset). I just don't relax at home at all now. (their dogs barking now :-( ). I just wear headphones and defenders loads. There is a branch of NAS in the nearby town but I wasn't sure what help they could offer reagrding work.
    • @Easy, I really think it will be a good feeling to know I have completed two weeks in work. I know that it will involve me 'pulling myself together'. I am pretty mixed up about how I now feel about work. The meltdown was me getting very stressed, then panic, then a bit loud, then hyperventilating for about 10 minutes. I just can't get my head around going back without knowing I have some support and understanding in work.
    • @Silver100, I tried to manage the changes as well as I could but even though I thought I was prepared I obviously wasn't. hopefully my manager is going to involve OH as my doctor recommended. It would benefit the manager too as I don't think he quite gets it. I might be able to speak with a colleague before I go back but that in itself is a worry. I just don't find those situations easy.
    • @Hohner, I really want to move house and change jobs. if it wasn't for my partner I really think I would give up (and making electronic music). ;-)
  • Thanks all for your replies,

• @Mike NAS, yes I will maybe ring the helpline tomorrow.
    • @Hope, the noise is just a fammily next door who moved in a few months ago. Some of the noise may be 'reasonable' but as the walls are so thin it does require some consideration living here. I hate it and want to move. My partner has spoken to them (I did once but got a bit upset). I just don't relax at home at all now. (their dogs barking now :-( ). I just wear headphones and defenders loads. There is a branch of NAS in the nearby town but I wasn't sure what help they could offer reagrding work.
    • @Easy, I really think it will be a good feeling to know I have completed two weeks in work. I know that it will involve me 'pulling myself together'. I am pretty mixed up about how I now feel about work. The meltdown was me getting very stressed, then panic, then a bit loud, then hyperventilating for about 10 minutes. I just can't get my head around going back without knowing I have some support and understanding in work.
    • @Silver100, I tried to manage the changes as well as I could but even though I thought I was prepared I obviously wasn't. hopefully my manager is going to involve OH as my doctor recommended. It would benefit the manager too as I don't think he quite gets it. I might be able to speak with a colleague before I go back but that in itself is a worry. I just don't find those situations easy.
    • @Hohner, I really want to move house and change jobs. if it wasn't for my partner I really think I would give up (and making electronic music). ;-)
Children
No Data