Driving and parking

I didnt learn to drive until I was 25 and needed to drive for the work I do. I have always found it something that causes me anxiety, particularly if driving in busy places, unfamiliar places, or needing to park in crowded spaces or closed in spaces such as multistorey car parks. 

In my follow up appointment with my assessor she suggested that I apply for a blue badge. Has anyone else here got a blue badge that isn't for a more visible disability? Have you applied and been turned down? Interested to know what other people's experiences are. 

Parents
  • Just to update in case anyone was interested, I qualified for a blue badge based on my anxiety around driving and parking. I've not received it yet but other people who share this type of anxiety may want to consider applying for one. It won't take away everything that makes me anxious about driving but it'll ease some aspects of it hopefully. 

• after u mentioned your application for a blue badge,, I talked to a "Blue badge" expert I live close to, she agreed with what you where saying.  I then told her about the NIdirect ( Northern Ireland )  sites. She is now tackling them for their false/wrong application/displaying  of the law ! 

Hopefully the Web Sites here will be updated

so thanks Michelle

• after u mentioned your application for a blue badge,, I talked to a "Blue badge" expert I live close to, she agreed with what you where saying.  I then told her about the NIdirect ( Northern Ireland )  sites. She is now tackling them for their false/wrong application/displaying  of the law ! 

Hopefully the Web Sites here will be updated

so thanks Michelle

Children