Gaming for mental health

Hi all. Does anyone else like to game as a way of destressing and to improve mental well being? If so what are your recommendations? I personally like to jump on the PS4 and now PS5. I find it helps me switch off and is a great way to relax. I play mostly single player stuff. Ghost of Tsushima, Days Gone, etc

Parents
  • I play Chess everyday against the computer  ---- humans are easier  

• aye because humans miss things and can be tricked. computer cannot be tricked easily and can see anything and cover any mistake that you tried to work them into.

i member playing against this one guy and i he beat me past few matches but i had him on last match by making myself so open and sacrificing so many good pieces that he failed to see i maneuvered his king into checkmate by next turn with one of my last pieces lol computer you cant trick like that, computer would see and cover it up on the fly and ruin your plan too easy.

• Also sometimes people forget to play and get timed out or one game i had we had 50 moves without a pawn move or capture so I turned a loser into a draw, I'm sure a computer would not have let that happen

• in chess gaming yes it best to resign if you are in a hopeless situation its just the Chess Protocol  thing to do that comes from the live playing professions

• Some had a go at me once because I kept playing even though I was in a hopeless situation, he mated me then messaged me saying I should have given in ages ago, I replied saying the point of the game is to mate the King, so I have changed my profile on the site to say that I will always play to the end.  I really  hate people that retire rather than letting me mate them.

• Some had a go at me once because I kept playing even though I was in a hopeless situation, he mated me then messaged me saying I should have given in ages ago, I replied saying the point of the game is to mate the King, so I have changed my profile on the site to say that I will always play to the end.  I really  hate people that retire rather than letting me mate them.

Children