Burnout Advice

Hey everyone,

My mums birthday is tomorrow and I've had to plan a lunch out with her and my brother because he's useless and I'm feeling burnout with having to plan it and get it organised especially at the moment its been hard to find somewhere to book because everything has all be booked for months in advance and also I'm not good at remembering birthdays at all so I had a bit of a oh f*** moment when I realised its her birthday (I'm bad at remembering birthdays I even forget mine).

I'll definitely be burnt out tomorrow and the day after because it's happening over 2 days because she's going out with different people. I've forgotten to get a card too and I feel bad and anxious because of that as well. 

Just wondering how you guys handle burnout and what you might do to help.

Thanks, O

Parents
  • Hello 'O',

Have you thought about sending your mum an E-card?  I've done that a couple of times when I haven't been able to get to the  shops. Some websites do them free of charge; and they can be quite fun.

Take as long as you need to get over the burnout.  Indulge yourself in your hobbies, favourite films, books etc, daydream a bit, daydream a lot, go in your mind to a favourite place.  And avoid other people, if you can. Lots of 'me' time.

Ben

• Hello 'O',

Have you thought about sending your mum an E-card?  I've done that a couple of times when I haven't been able to get to the  shops. Some websites do them free of charge; and they can be quite fun.

Take as long as you need to get over the burnout.  Indulge yourself in your hobbies, favourite films, books etc, daydream a bit, daydream a lot, go in your mind to a favourite place.  And avoid other people, if you can. Lots of 'me' time.

Ben

Children