Clothing

Hi everyone,

Do you have a sense of style and clear expression of your identity and tastes in your clothing? I really struggle to form a clear style and I end up feeling scruffy instead of purposefully put together. I've been looking at capsule wardrobes to see if I can fix this and find a bit of fashion sense. Curious if anyone else struggles with this? It doesn't help that I have to go into shops and feel everything, try the fit etc and can't just shop online like a lot of people do these days. 

This has stemmed from me wanting to make a good impression in my new job, which has a bit more of a formal dress code than my last one.

Parents
  • I've always had this problem with my clothes I've kind found a way to get around it I tend to just wear the same clothes in different colours 99% of the time I just wear tracksuits or jeans with neutral colour hoodies or jumpers and that's it with plain black, grey or white trainers. I've always asked my mum and my cousins what they think good outfits are as well because they have got good fashion sense.

Any time I I have to wear something formal I will google formal outfits for men and copy the first one I see if I have the same colours, I'm pretty sure this is something a lot of ASD people have trouble with like Plastic said probably because we just don't think about our external appearance to the world as much as NT people do just not something our brains think about.

• I've always had this problem with my clothes I've kind found a way to get around it I tend to just wear the same clothes in different colours 99% of the time I just wear tracksuits or jeans with neutral colour hoodies or jumpers and that's it with plain black, grey or white trainers. I've always asked my mum and my cousins what they think good outfits are as well because they have got good fashion sense.

Any time I I have to wear something formal I will google formal outfits for men and copy the first one I see if I have the same colours, I'm pretty sure this is something a lot of ASD people have trouble with like Plastic said probably because we just don't think about our external appearance to the world as much as NT people do just not something our brains think about.

Children
No Data