Clothing

Hi everyone,

Do you have a sense of style and clear expression of your identity and tastes in your clothing? I really struggle to form a clear style and I end up feeling scruffy instead of purposefully put together. I've been looking at capsule wardrobes to see if I can fix this and find a bit of fashion sense. Curious if anyone else struggles with this? It doesn't help that I have to go into shops and feel everything, try the fit etc and can't just shop online like a lot of people do these days. 

This has stemmed from me wanting to make a good impression in my new job, which has a bit more of a formal dress code than my last one.

Parents
  • Oh dear!  Bless you, a job with a formal dress code.  I don't envy you.  I was never very good at that.

My ...errr style if you want to call it that these days, consists of making a lot of very cookie stuff myself in order to avoid the revolting round things that fasten clothes and give me the ebbe jeebies even to look at or mention their name.  It's all elastic, over the head or velcro in some very eccentric fabrics - maps of Italy and stuff.

When I HAD to do the dress code thing, I found one set of stuff I thought was acceptable to me and to work (M&S wide legged pants with elastic waist and over the head blouse and jacket with no...you knows).  I then bought a number of them in different colours to  get me through the week and I wore them until they fell apart to avoid the shopping experience too often.  The items were the same every day except that the colour changed.

• Oh dear!  Bless you, a job with a formal dress code.  I don't envy you.  I was never very good at that.

My ...errr style if you want to call it that these days, consists of making a lot of very cookie stuff myself in order to avoid the revolting round things that fasten clothes and give me the ebbe jeebies even to look at or mention their name.  It's all elastic, over the head or velcro in some very eccentric fabrics - maps of Italy and stuff.

When I HAD to do the dress code thing, I found one set of stuff I thought was acceptable to me and to work (M&S wide legged pants with elastic waist and over the head blouse and jacket with no...you knows).  I then bought a number of them in different colours to  get me through the week and I wore them until they fell apart to avoid the shopping experience too often.  The items were the same every day except that the colour changed.

Children