A new baby

An experience famous for pushing NT to the edge. So I'm wondering how other ND parents found the first few months & years of having a child?My son turns 6 months old this Saturday and, he is amazing, but after navigating the birth in a pandemic and remaining supportive to my partner throughout, I find myself to be a stressed out, overworked, overwhelmed, bag of mess each day now. I feel like I never spend time alone anymore to recharge and often meltdown in various ways, constant migraines and flare-ups of sensitivities in the process.
Will it get easier? Or are we not really built for this journey? 

Parents
  • Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

Seeing this old post brings it all back. My boy is now fast approaching 3, and he is amazing.

I'm still having flare ups, and migraines, but it's mostly because of work changes over being parent, which is something I guess.

Overall, I love being a Dad and despite the additonal demands it has brought it is a wonderful experience. Everytime he runs to me for a cuddle or wants to show me something he's proud of makes it all worth while.

Makes me thankful for life, the journey it is, is all the more poetic when you realise the challenges actually create the path to follow.

I'm going my best to turn towards challenges more as I get older and run away less. Seems to be working, not easily, but definitely makes me more fulfilled

Love to all if you, and the parents especially

• Thanks guys, appreciate the input.

Seeing this old post brings it all back. My boy is now fast approaching 3, and he is amazing.

I'm still having flare ups, and migraines, but it's mostly because of work changes over being parent, which is something I guess.

Overall, I love being a Dad and despite the additonal demands it has brought it is a wonderful experience. Everytime he runs to me for a cuddle or wants to show me something he's proud of makes it all worth while.

Makes me thankful for life, the journey it is, is all the more poetic when you realise the challenges actually create the path to follow.

I'm going my best to turn towards challenges more as I get older and run away less. Seems to be working, not easily, but definitely makes me more fulfilled

Love to all if you, and the parents especially

Children
No Data