A new baby

An experience famous for pushing NT to the edge. So I'm wondering how other ND parents found the first few months & years of having a child?My son turns 6 months old this Saturday and, he is amazing, but after navigating the birth in a pandemic and remaining supportive to my partner throughout, I find myself to be a stressed out, overworked, overwhelmed, bag of mess each day now. I feel like I never spend time alone anymore to recharge and often meltdown in various ways, constant migraines and flare-ups of sensitivities in the process.
Will it get easier? Or are we not really built for this journey? 

Parents
  • Sorry for bumping the thread, but I’d like to say that it's totally normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed out during the first few months and years of having a child. Remember, parenting is a learning process for everyone, regardless of neurodiversity. It can be exhausting and demanding, but trust me, it does get easier over time. As your little one grows and develops, you'll find your rhythm and discover what works best for you and your family.

• Sorry for bumping the thread, but I’d like to say that it's totally normal to feel overwhelmed and stressed out during the first few months and years of having a child. Remember, parenting is a learning process for everyone, regardless of neurodiversity. It can be exhausting and demanding, but trust me, it does get easier over time. As your little one grows and develops, you'll find your rhythm and discover what works best for you and your family.

Children