A new baby

An experience famous for pushing NT to the edge. So I'm wondering how other ND parents found the first few months & years of having a child?My son turns 6 months old this Saturday and, he is amazing, but after navigating the birth in a pandemic and remaining supportive to my partner throughout, I find myself to be a stressed out, overworked, overwhelmed, bag of mess each day now. I feel like I never spend time alone anymore to recharge and often meltdown in various ways, constant migraines and flare-ups of sensitivities in the process.
Will it get easier? Or are we not really built for this journey? 

Parents
  • Yeah he has started to sleep more recently. For 6 months he only slept for 3hrs at a time 24/7 so that was really starting to break us.

I definitely think kids feel that burden, my parents are starting to get quite old now so we are beginning to navigate this relationship more after our siblings emigrated to Australia.

Life is just tricky period. ND or NT tbf

• Yeah he has started to sleep more recently. For 6 months he only slept for 3hrs at a time 24/7 so that was really starting to break us.

I definitely think kids feel that burden, my parents are starting to get quite old now so we are beginning to navigate this relationship more after our siblings emigrated to Australia.

Life is just tricky period. ND or NT tbf

Children