A new baby

An experience famous for pushing NT to the edge. So I'm wondering how other ND parents found the first few months & years of having a child?My son turns 6 months old this Saturday and, he is amazing, but after navigating the birth in a pandemic and remaining supportive to my partner throughout, I find myself to be a stressed out, overworked, overwhelmed, bag of mess each day now. I feel like I never spend time alone anymore to recharge and often meltdown in various ways, constant migraines and flare-ups of sensitivities in the process.
Will it get easier? Or are we not really built for this journey? 

Parents
  • Thanks guys. Doing a bit better this week. Planning ti tey and adjust my work schedule to give more free time to choose what to do. He is a great baby and Im in love, which i was very worried i wouldnt be, but i think one is enough for me. I feel having another would be overwhelming and i cant handle stress at all. with work as well i think it would break us, me in particular. But there is subtle pressure from our families, an expectation that we must automatically want more now we have started. i find their attitudes very ignorant tbh, makes me want to not speak to them as much. they live away from us, so we have been dealing with having a child on our own in this damn pandemic so has probably been a difficult induction into parenting tbf.

i hope you find some peace Michelle. Remember one day they will be a help to you, and that will be priceless

• Thanks guys. Doing a bit better this week. Planning ti tey and adjust my work schedule to give more free time to choose what to do. He is a great baby and Im in love, which i was very worried i wouldnt be, but i think one is enough for me. I feel having another would be overwhelming and i cant handle stress at all. with work as well i think it would break us, me in particular. But there is subtle pressure from our families, an expectation that we must automatically want more now we have started. i find their attitudes very ignorant tbh, makes me want to not speak to them as much. they live away from us, so we have been dealing with having a child on our own in this damn pandemic so has probably been a difficult induction into parenting tbf.

i hope you find some peace Michelle. Remember one day they will be a help to you, and that will be priceless

Children
  • Sadly I have spent enough time working in adult social care to know that children don't always grow up to be helpful to their parents. Definitely one of the things that makes me cringe when people suggest that is why they felt they should have children. I wouldnt want my children to be burdened with helping me in my older age anyway after some of the things I've seen!!!