A new baby

An experience famous for pushing NT to the edge. So I'm wondering how other ND parents found the first few months & years of having a child?My son turns 6 months old this Saturday and, he is amazing, but after navigating the birth in a pandemic and remaining supportive to my partner throughout, I find myself to be a stressed out, overworked, overwhelmed, bag of mess each day now. I feel like I never spend time alone anymore to recharge and often meltdown in various ways, constant migraines and flare-ups of sensitivities in the process.
Will it get easier? Or are we not really built for this journey? 

Parents
  • u need to get some space for yourself like a evening one once a week, OR, 1 hour per evening  whereby u are on your own (no partner no child). 

Arrange this with your partner

then in this time you do something like

1. brisk walk
    2. headphone on listen to guided relaxation hypnotherapy or guided meditations
    3. kniitting
    4. jigsaw
    5. colouring in 
    6. hobbie

those bolded would be the best because ur mind is away from the situation 

3,4,5,6 would only work if u r in a separate room the odds are u would be interrupted. But if u can get a no interruption space than these are just as good

no 1 is the best for mental health and side effect is improvement of physical health

• u need to get some space for yourself like a evening one once a week, OR, 1 hour per evening  whereby u are on your own (no partner no child). 

Arrange this with your partner

then in this time you do something like

1. brisk walk
    2. headphone on listen to guided relaxation hypnotherapy or guided meditations
    3. kniitting
    4. jigsaw
    5. colouring in 
    6. hobbie

those bolded would be the best because ur mind is away from the situation 

3,4,5,6 would only work if u r in a separate room the odds are u would be interrupted. But if u can get a no interruption space than these are just as good

no 1 is the best for mental health and side effect is improvement of physical health

Children
No Data