Working From Home. Is it what it's cracked-up to be ?

Hello,

Does anyone here really enjoy working from home and if so what do you do ? 

It really hit home to me, whilst out having an early morning walk today by the river, that I would be much happier working from home. I have worked a physical job most of my life and have known a change was long overdue, for years actually. I've realised this is causing me more stress than what it's worth and I'm in the process of minimising as much stress as I can, even if it may involve a loss of income. 

I've looked around at some of the most common jobs people are doing from home but don't really interest me, like corporate companies, data-entry, sales and so on. They're just not my cup of tea. I'd much more prefer to be helpful or creative or contribute something positive in some way. I'm just wondering how to go about finding work I could do from home that could be interesting or maybe even meaningful ? 

Any insights would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Thanks for this, really cool of you. I have grabbed Audible and I'm giving it a go, when I get chance. But I guess I just need to up my committment and as he says, dont fret about remembering, just surround myself to more of the language.

Always knew my French lineage to be there, but never committed myself to properly.

Found it amazing that when the Normans invaded England they brought French language to the UK and for a time this country was bilingual! Amazing to think

• Thanks for this, really cool of you. I have grabbed Audible and I'm giving it a go, when I get chance. But I guess I just need to up my committment and as he says, dont fret about remembering, just surround myself to more of the language.

Always knew my French lineage to be there, but never committed myself to properly.

Found it amazing that when the Normans invaded England they brought French language to the UK and for a time this country was bilingual! Amazing to think

Children
  • That's why around 70% of the English language is French, and we have two words for everything, one from Saxon (usually short and consonantal) and one from Norman (usually longer with more vowels). 

sea = ocean (l'océan)
    school = academy (l'académie)
    hill = mountain (la montagne)

And, because the Normans ruled us, almost all of our words in these so-called higher areas of life are of French origin (monarchy, royale, parliament, science) whereas the everyday words (used by us the peasants) are of Saxon origin: (king, queen, etc.) That's also why we use Saxon words such as sheep, cow and pig to describe animals in the field; but then as soon as they are transferred to the dining table, we use the French words mutton, beef and pork (modern French: mouton, beof and porc).