This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autism and sexual desire

I wondered wether there’s something in being on the autism spectrum and having reduced sexual desire-not come across anything in my reading yet so wondered what people’s experiences are? Oh and asking as a woman too. Thanks

Parents
  • i been wondering the same thing lately. i feel my lack of empathy to people makes intimacy really difficult, if not impossible. i've never understood how people stay together for years and years (my longest sexual relationship is in a few months). i just don't get it. for me, sex was this mechanical thing to get orgasm - hopefully for both parties.  but, that's it. i'm just pretty unconnected to people.

then there's the sexual drive... that's pretty lacking in me. if i smoke pot i enjoy things a lot more - sex, food, music, etc. it slows my brain down, and i sense things from a more up place. but, i'm definitely not that into being dependent on pot. 

i guess i'm saying sexual desire and sex are super complicated for me, as an aspie, with lots of sensitivities. it hasn't been very satisfying.

• i been wondering the same thing lately. i feel my lack of empathy to people makes intimacy really difficult, if not impossible. i've never understood how people stay together for years and years (my longest sexual relationship is in a few months). i just don't get it. for me, sex was this mechanical thing to get orgasm - hopefully for both parties.  but, that's it. i'm just pretty unconnected to people.

then there's the sexual drive... that's pretty lacking in me. if i smoke pot i enjoy things a lot more - sex, food, music, etc. it slows my brain down, and i sense things from a more up place. but, i'm definitely not that into being dependent on pot. 

i guess i'm saying sexual desire and sex are super complicated for me, as an aspie, with lots of sensitivities. it hasn't been very satisfying.

Children
  • You just need a relationship that isn't based on sex. I've always been more attracted to people based on their personality than their physicality. I much prefer good conversation. 

Saying that, I do have lots of challenging moments in my relationship. I often think I'd never want another relationship like this  if this one was to end.