Does this ring any bells? Or is it in my head

• Hi everyone, i am 29. I had epilepsy as a child and have found day to day life difficult and overwhelming all my life. I had emotional meltdowns very often as a child, i still do as an adult. As an adult, i feel constantly overwhelming by everything, i cant have too much happing at once. I am constantly making lists to try and organise my life. I find many sounds painful. I can't eat with my family becuase the sound is horrific. I feel like my ears hurt constantly and feel like i am always telling my son to quieten down. I cant physically function when a sound is irritating me. 
  • I don't like to be touch or have people e near me. I manage touch from my son and partner most days, but i can't bare to hug my own parents, brother or sister. I can see how hard this is for them and it brakes my heart. I have one close friend, she has known me from a young age and is amazing at accepting this is the way i am. She understand i may not talk to her for over a month unless she drops me a message, and that sometimes i wont even reply. 
  • I have been told by the Gp for the last 10 years or so that i have anxiety and depression. I did at one time feel depressed but i know myself i am managing that side of things well now and geel i am in a better place.
  • Last year i did a 6 weeks block of canceling sessions with work. I was told that i should contact my Gp for an autism assessment. I really struggle to talk about it all because i just dont understand why i feel this way. So i haven't been to the Gp yet. I feel like i really need to get to the bottom of this now tho so i can get help with managing it and understanding why i feel this way.
  • Sorry for going on... 
  • Does anyone have any tip or insite into the process?
  • Does any of this ring an autism alarm bell or is it in my head?
  • Any help or advice, would be amazing. 
Parents Reply Children
No Data