Adult looking for support

Hiya just wondering what support other autistic adults have in term apart from friends/family. Struggling with my mental health. What some people would call a functioning person with aspergers and finding so much support for parents/young children!!

Parents
  • It varies area to area (assuming you are in the UK), it also depends if you are looking for cheap/ free options or whether you want to invest in it. There used to be a directory on the NAS website for groups - you just pumped in your postcode then scan through the results. Not sure if they still have that.

Building your own support networks with other autistic people can be useful - reaching out to others, even if it’s just on WhatsApp or something so as you have people to talk to who may understand - a problem shared is a problem halved I think is the saying. 

• It varies area to area (assuming you are in the UK), it also depends if you are looking for cheap/ free options or whether you want to invest in it. There used to be a directory on the NAS website for groups - you just pumped in your postcode then scan through the results. Not sure if they still have that.

Building your own support networks with other autistic people can be useful - reaching out to others, even if it’s just on WhatsApp or something so as you have people to talk to who may understand - a problem shared is a problem halved I think is the saying. 

Children
No Data