Adult looking for support

Hiya just wondering what support other autistic adults have in term apart from friends/family. Struggling with my mental health. What some people would call a functioning person with aspergers and finding so much support for parents/young children!!

• It varies area to area (assuming you are in the UK), it also depends if you are looking for cheap/ free options or whether you want to invest in it. There used to be a directory on the NAS website for groups - you just pumped in your postcode then scan through the results. Not sure if they still have that.

Building your own support networks with other autistic people can be useful - reaching out to others, even if it’s just on WhatsApp or something so as you have people to talk to who may understand - a problem shared is a problem halved I think is the saying. 

• Listening services such as calm helpline and the webchat are good to clear up anything that is bothering you. Otherwise there isn't much out there. Ive spoken to others but they get fed up with the problems going round and round constantly. Which is indeed part of the problem.

I am very similar, I get help from family and friends but in the lockdown I can see they have their own issues and don't want to unload on them too much. 

Finally I think getting enough sleep is probably more important for us on the spectrum than NTs. I feel so much better when I've caught up on sleep. 

• Your gp can refer you to iapt to begin with. Explain to them the problem, most are very understanding and if they are not, ask to someone else. They do all sorts in there. If you get suicudal etc you need to be talking to your gp

• Welcome to this forum meg Slight smile I mean super-meg

• can u please expand some more on what your mental issues are