Help please

Hi, I’ve just got my diagnosis and I’m a 22 year old female. Supposedly it’s been obvious from when I was young but I’m only just getting the diagnosis now. I guess I’m just looking for advice. I feel weird and different and I don’t know what help I need or where to get it so what helped you guys get through it? I find it hard to work and still have a normal life at home without massive melt downs and my days off are basically just sensory overload attacks over and over again. 
please any advice would be amazing, I feel like I’m going through it all alone even though I have so many people around me. 
thank you

Parents Reply Children
  • autism and adhd are very close and people get diagnosed with wrong one all the time.

right back to you 

you arent alone. You will be sitting in a strange state for couple of months of "now what do I do?"

the first thing is try and find local autism adult groups  ( I found none in my area ) but i did find my local NAS office and a thing called NAAAS  ( The Northern Adult Autism Advice Service  ) . Its only in my health bard area but you may have a similar service.

second read up more on your level of autism and see where your weaknesses are

are u working now ?

what type of sensory overload 

light ( sunlight ) in thru the windows I deal with sunglasses and driving glasses in car all the time. I wear sunglasses and overglasses quite a bit.

sound --- i have a range of headphones and ear defenders which i wear in work with earplugs,earbuds if need be.

having said that I now Work From Home (WFH) which is truly awesome because I can control my environment and have my music on all the time and get a coffee or break if I am stressing out 

what sort of work are u doing / want to do ?