Employment issues

Hi I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place,

I'm having problems at work, to the point where I've no choice but to leave.

Basically no adjustments or consideration of my ASD and adhd.

My work emailed waiting to know that I felt I'd been treated fairly, which I don't. I had not planned to raise this with them, just to go and draw a line.

I've spoken to ACAS, family, but wanted the view of people who have similar struggles that I do.

I am at such a point, that I don't know how I feel, how to react and even what's acceptable or normal just now.

Any opinions on the situation would be welcome, 

Thank you.

Parents
  • What accommodations have you asked for?    In what ways have they neglected to support you?

You need to be able to step back and think clearly-  I've been in your situation and you need to talk it over with someone outside - even your parents - to try to work out if your stress is really to do with the immediate job or are a load of external pressures just overloading you in the short term.

• I got some legal advice through my employers assistance programme.

I've already resigned, got a new job with less than ideal terms....I wasn't exactly thinking straight at the time, didn't want to go on the sick etc.

I've written back stating what happened and how it affected me.

Legal advised that not only should work make reasonable adjustments, but they should anticipate them also...neither of which they did.

Adjustments to my work station, hours, lighting, noise disruption, communication of change and mitigating it etc. None of which were done.

I've stated this.

I'm just massively overwhelmed at the moment, the emotion I had bottled up throughout has now hit me like a tsunami.

Thank you for all your advice given now and in future, I've felt very alone and it means the world to have your input.

• I got some legal advice through my employers assistance programme.

I've already resigned, got a new job with less than ideal terms....I wasn't exactly thinking straight at the time, didn't want to go on the sick etc.

I've written back stating what happened and how it affected me.

Legal advised that not only should work make reasonable adjustments, but they should anticipate them also...neither of which they did.

Adjustments to my work station, hours, lighting, noise disruption, communication of change and mitigating it etc. None of which were done.

I've stated this.

I'm just massively overwhelmed at the moment, the emotion I had bottled up throughout has now hit me like a tsunami.

Thank you for all your advice given now and in future, I've felt very alone and it means the world to have your input.

Children
No Data