Employment issues

Hi I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place,

I'm having problems at work, to the point where I've no choice but to leave.

Basically no adjustments or consideration of my ASD and adhd.

My work emailed waiting to know that I felt I'd been treated fairly, which I don't. I had not planned to raise this with them, just to go and draw a line.

I've spoken to ACAS, family, but wanted the view of people who have similar struggles that I do.

I am at such a point, that I don't know how I feel, how to react and even what's acceptable or normal just now.

Any opinions on the situation would be welcome, 

Thank you.

Parents
  • I sympathize with employment problems.  But if they want you out they will get you out.

I was fired in 2018 just before I completed a probationary period, so I had less legal rights.

At my dismissal hearing they had a list of around twenty minor issues with my behaviour.  Two even contradicted each other.  My direct manager stated that extra help and support was made available to me.  I was criticized for not accepting certain help, the point was made that if I didn't use the help that was made available then I wouldn't improve.  Later I was criticized for accepting certain help and support.  The point was made that by accepting help I was a financial liability to the company.

It's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

• I sympathize with employment problems.  But if they want you out they will get you out.

I was fired in 2018 just before I completed a probationary period, so I had less legal rights.

At my dismissal hearing they had a list of around twenty minor issues with my behaviour.  Two even contradicted each other.  My direct manager stated that extra help and support was made available to me.  I was criticized for not accepting certain help, the point was made that if I didn't use the help that was made available then I wouldn't improve.  Later I was criticized for accepting certain help and support.  The point was made that by accepting help I was a financial liability to the company.

It's a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Children
  • This has happened to me multiple times know, but there isn't an reasonable solution around it which irritates me to the point of giving up. If you bring outside assistant like "access to work" involved they basically start the process of terminating you and managing you out.