Employment issues

Hi I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place,

I'm having problems at work, to the point where I've no choice but to leave.

Basically no adjustments or consideration of my ASD and adhd.

My work emailed waiting to know that I felt I'd been treated fairly, which I don't. I had not planned to raise this with them, just to go and draw a line.

I've spoken to ACAS, family, but wanted the view of people who have similar struggles that I do.

I am at such a point, that I don't know how I feel, how to react and even what's acceptable or normal just now.

Any opinions on the situation would be welcome, 

Thank you.

Parents
  • This happened to me recently, in fact they tried to use their processes against me but, thanks to the union, they failed.

Make sure you have copies of any letters or emails in regard to this. Suggest you print them or send them to your own email as the company can delete all your files as soon as you leave.

In law it states that the company must make reasonable adjustments to aid you in your work.

Do not confirm the email but reply asking them to specify how they believe they have complied with employment/discrimination law. Put the ball back in their half.

Obviously please confirm this with a legal person. There is a Facebook page for free legal advice with qualified practitioners answering.

The thing to remember is that either way you will probably not work there as they will be watching you carefully.

In my case I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and received a pay-out. The average amount is about £11,000 according to ACAS.

Hope this helps  

• This happened to me recently, in fact they tried to use their processes against me but, thanks to the union, they failed.

Make sure you have copies of any letters or emails in regard to this. Suggest you print them or send them to your own email as the company can delete all your files as soon as you leave.

In law it states that the company must make reasonable adjustments to aid you in your work.

Do not confirm the email but reply asking them to specify how they believe they have complied with employment/discrimination law. Put the ball back in their half.

Obviously please confirm this with a legal person. There is a Facebook page for free legal advice with qualified practitioners answering.

The thing to remember is that either way you will probably not work there as they will be watching you carefully.

In my case I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and received a pay-out. The average amount is about £11,000 according to ACAS.

Hope this helps  

Children
No Data