Weird dreams!

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone else on the spectrum has very weird and powerful dreams is it a symptom of autism?

as an example last night I dream I was back in time travelling on Santa’s sleigh I love Christmas 

Parents
  • Hi Deleted user, I'm Caro. This is an interesting question! I suppose it must depend on the person in question but for me I believe it's something I can relate to as I tend to experience strong dreams and sometimes nightmares, all of which I will normally remember crystal clear and be able to play back in my mind as if it's a video.

• Hi Deleted user, I'm Caro. This is an interesting question! I suppose it must depend on the person in question but for me I believe it's something I can relate to as I tend to experience strong dreams and sometimes nightmares, all of which I will normally remember crystal clear and be able to play back in my mind as if it's a video.

Children
  • I have a strong and vivid imagination, it comes in handy when I'm reading and trying to picture what I read. It is also useful when I'm doing creative writing, something I do most days, if my hands aren't too painful if it's a good day with my sensory struggles. When I dream my imagination can make them seem so real. They can be exciting, adventurous, scary and just plain weird! Lol. But they are almost always lifelike, leaving me feeling in question whether the here and now is reality. That is how incredibly spectacular my dreams can be. It's also led me to a fabulously imaginative book I am writing and continues to ponder on my mind that one question: is this real or a dream? With my imagination it really is difficult to say.

That said another problem with my mind is that I over focus and over think every little thing, which is fine unless it plays on my mind all the time. Which it often does. I dream of a quiet mind where my thoughts don't rush at a million miles an hour!